Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sammi's SHOCK!


This week entailed weeds and cookies. The weather is getting warmer, so every spare minute is spent picking weeds. Ivan is consumed with trying to make the grass grow and the weeds die.

On Wednesday Joseph had his space derby with the cup scouts. He didn't when but "silver bullet" looked cool! My friend Lara and I decorated 72 rocket sugar cookies for the event. Joseph also earned his Wolf that night, we are so proud of him.

We have a Standard Poodle named Sammi and a toy poodle named Emmi. Despite Sammi only being one year old, she is huge. Well she escapes out front every chance she gets and I get to play a fun game of chase. Somehow she always wins. Our neighbors Dave and Amber took pity on us after seeing me chase that dog what seemed like 20 times on Wednesday. By Thursday Sammi was sporting a fancy new "SHOCK" collar (borrowed from the neighbors). I was hesitant to use it, but it has changed everything. Only twice has she been shocked by me and she is like a new dog. Sammi actually comes in the front yard and plays without a leash on and comes when we call her. I do not think she will even need the collar by the end of the week. If only our kids could learn so quick!!!

We have been trying to find ways to cut back on expenses, so Ivan taught me how to cut the boys hair. Every one seemed a little skeptical except for my very trusting five year old, Jonathan. Together we actually did a pretty good job. Ivan was a little nervous when I told him I would be cutting his all by myself. It looks pretty good despite a few places (good thing his hair grows fast). I will post pictures of the new cuts tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Do you think we can put shock collars on kids? It might be worth a try. I bet then they will learn faster! Ha Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! So glad you FINALLY started a blog! Now I can peek into your life every now and then and fell like I'm up to speed!
    I was just thinking about you the other day, I wanted to call but it was a crazy day and I never had the chance...
    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cut all my boys' hair, too, and have for years! It saves a TON of money. Don't laugh, but I use clippers on the sides and a "Flow-bee" which attaches to a vacuum for the top. Hey, it works!!

    ReplyDelete