Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Jacob!





WOW!! We officially have a teenager. Can you believe Jacob is now 13? As with everything else, when Ivan and I married we discussed different family traditions we had both grown up with. I really liked one his family did and so we also do it. The birthday child (in this case Jacob) is woken up at the crack of dawn with everyone singing "Happy Birthday" in English and Spanish. Last night Jacob slept on the couch in the basement since it was Saturday. Birthdays are one of the only days where it is not difficult to wake up the other kids. They seem eager to share in the excitement of the birthday child. So Jacob opened his "family" presents and than we all went and had birthday breakfast (Ivan cooked bacon and french toast). Tonight some friends came over for Jacob's favorite dinner (BBQ Chicken Pizza) and Strawberry Shortcake. Jacob is waiting until next week when the new Star Trek comes out to celebrate his birthday with his friends. All in all it was a great day for Jacob and another milestone for Ivan and myself. Just think, in 3 years he will be driving...aghh!!

So I didn't get a picture of the haircuts I gave the boys yesterday. But you get the idea with Jacob's, not so bad right?

3 comments:

  1. I really cannot believe he's 13!!
    That means you're getting old!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you started a blog. I can't believe how fast time has flown by and that Jacob is 13. I am getting old. I will add you on my friends list so I can keep up with your new adventures. It was great talking with you.

    ReplyDelete